Welcome to the CuriousType web site. We delighted you stopped by, and hope you become a regular visitor and contributor. While you’re here, we request that you respect a few basic rules. These rules will ensure that everyone has a pleasant user experience and are intended to benefit the community as a whole.
1. If you intend to comment on a post you must use a personal, non-commercial URL or leave the URL field blank. Your URL should help us get to know YOU. Commercial URLs are unwelcome, these URLs give us no information about you, and are considered a form of SPAM called Comment Spam.
2. You must use either your real name or your nickname when registering or commenting. Absolutely no “keyword” type names will be tolerated. If it even looks suspicious your comment will be deleted. (Examples of “keyword” type names are – Ringtones, Watches, Free Downloads, and so on.)
3. Absolutely no paid comments are allowed. If you collected a single penny to leave comments you are NOT welcome here and 100% of your comments will be marked as SPAM and deleted with impunity.
4. Do not leave comments just to get on the Top Commentator list. It’s obvious from the timestamps when someone leaves a bunch of comments without even reading the articles just to try and get on the list. All of these will be deleted.
5. You must not post any SPAM, links to Spam, Phishing sites, or any other harmful content here. Bad Karma will come your way – plus we’ll report every bit of data the server logs maintain on you to the proper (and possibly improper) authorities.
6. No harsh, foul, demeaning or overly critical language is allowed. Disagreement and debate are perfectly fine and encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
Any post found to be in violation of any of these rules will be modified or deleted without warning.
If you have any question about whether something is appropriate, please first read this philosophical discussion, and then if questions remain just ask us. Feel free to contact us using our contact form.
Finally, please help one another, feel free to seek assistance, and generally treat others as you would wish to be treated.
The CuriousType Staff
Policy Enacted: January 1, 2009
Policy Last Modified: February 1, 2009